Gainer is an environment for user interfaces and media installations. By using the Gainer environment, the user can handle sensors and/or actuators with a PC on various programming environments such as Flash, Max/MSP, Processing and so on. The basic concepts are:
- The user can use it for creative work from prototype stage to final output stage.
- Using a breadboard allows the user to learn by mistake.
- The user can build their own I/O module from components.
- The user can choose a configuration from various configurations (software and hardware).
- Open source software and hardware.
In the Gainer environment, "open source" means:
- The user can use the Gainer environment for free.
- Advanced users can freely modify existing hardware and/or software to create a new model for their project.
The Gainer environment consists of the following components: